On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 10:04:39 -0000, Jens Vagelpohl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

There is no such code right now and AFAIK no one has even looked at it. If anyone wants to take this up and the proposal/code is accepted the earliest target would be CMF 2.1.

I'm not sure how much work is needed for it. It's a matter of experimenting to see how far you can get before hitting walls I suppose.

Cc'ing in Alec - I'm sure he has experiences to share from creating and using plone_schemas.

Alec - you have indicated that you may be interested in working on plone_schemas more. Perhaps that work should sit at the CMF level?

As a general idea it does sound interesting because it is right on the roadmap towards combining CMF and Zope 3 in order to make CMF a thinner and thinner layer on top of Zope 3 technologies.

In the context of Plone, it's also attractive because it may provide us with a lighter and better integrated alternative to Archetypes, which in itself has replaced plain-CMF content type coding in the Plone world almost completely. So it's not only about convergence, it's about making a fairly fundamental task easier and making it sit at a more appropriate level in the stack.