yuppie wrote:
> Hi Martin!
> Martin Aspeli wrote:
>> Just trying to get an overview - are there any plans or code (CMF 2?)
>> to make it possible to use Z3 content types as first-class citizens in
>> CMF? That is, make them available in add menus, make actions/tabs
>> appear on them, let them use method aliases, make them catalog aware
>> and so on, without necessarily inheriting from PortalContent.
>> Alec Mitchell's plone_schemas product lets you use such types in
>> Plone, though he derives from CMF's PortalContent (as I recall) and
>> manually constructs an FTI.
> AFAICS Five content has to inherit from PortalContent and to implement a
> subset of IDublinCore ('Title', 'Description' and 'Type').
> At least one FTI is necessary to define a portal type on top of the
> content type.

We might add a new TypeInformation derivative, which knows about the
addable Z3 content.

>> I can see some great advantages to leveraging Z3's content type
>> system, not at least before they encourage easier re-use. That's not
>> to say that we can't start to write content types using CMF (or
>> Archetypes as the case may be in the Plone world) but presenting Z3
>> interfaces and offering adapters and get many of the same benefits,
>> but I'd really like to settle on one content type system in the long
>> run, and I think Z3 schemas are a nice approach.
> +1
>> Who has experience with this? What holes are there to be plugged
>> before this stops being a slightly awkward marriage between old and
>> new code?
> Add views don't play well with the types tool. IMHO refactoring the
> content construction process and getting rid of CMFCatalogAware have the
> highest priority. For both tasks we have to refactor a lot of code using
> Five's events machinery.

I've made a start on CMFCatalogAware, adding an event subscriber which
handles the indexing.  I haven't checked it in yet, due to some failing
tests.  I should probably make another branch for it.

- --
Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (GNU/Linux)