Martin Aspeli wrote:
Alec Mitchell's plone_schemas product lets you use such types in Plone, though he derives from CMF's PortalContent (as I recall) and manually constructs an FTI.

FWIW, I think this is an exceptionally bad idea.
I'd much prefer to see CMF grow a way to use Z3 content types without having to drag them down into the mire that is portal_types and the actions system :-S

Maybe some kind of parallel thing where the UI-level stuff amalgamates both the CMF and Z3 ways of doing things (portal_types/content types and actions/menus) with the aim being eventually to drop the old CMF stuff?