Andreas Jung wrote:

--On 14. Februar 2006 10:20:24 +0100 Hans Schou <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi

A very new into Zope/CMF/Plone so it might be a silly question I have.

I have installed PloneMall. In that there is a tool which is called
portal_ordermanager. If I open that I can go to the Properties tab, and
in that I can add a new property which is of the type "lines" and another
one of the type "selection".

Look at the PropertyManager API (as documented in the Zope Book 2.7 edition, Appendix A or B), manage_addProperty()...or grep through existing source...there are enough code examples.

Thanks for the quick answer. It helped me a lot.

I got one little problem left. How do I assign a variable of the type "selection" the value of index 0 in the list?
I get the error: attribute-less object (assign or del)
As I understand, pom.Ewire should be of the type string.

pom = getToolByName(context, 'portal_ordermanager', None)
pom.manage_addProperty("EwireIDURL",("7055547 secure.test.ewire.dk","7059999 secure.ewire.dk"),"lines")
pom.manage_addProperty("Ewire","EwireIDURL","selection")
pom.Ewire = pom.EwireIDURL[0]    # I get an error here on this line
print pom.Ewire  # when the variable is set, this line works fine

best regards
hans