Hi Tres. The override did the job and Five is not conflicted. Many thanks. I have a followup question on the permission namespace.

I am just learning zcml but there is obviously a difference between reading about it and doing something with it (I hoping by asking questions and working things out it will get easier :-)).

From browser in CMFDefault ...

  <browser:page
      for="Products.CMFCore.interfaces.IFolderish"
      name="folder_contents"
      class=".folder.FolderContentsView"
      template="templates/folder_contents.pt"
      permission="cmf.ListFolderContents"
      layer="cmf"
      />

Question is how/where are you deriving the namespace for cmf for CMFDefault to get the permission cmf.ListFolderContents?

I realize in skin we have said that there is a default layer and a cmf layer that overrrides it ...

<configure
    xmlns="http://namespaces.zope.org/zope";
    xmlns:browser="http://namespaces.zope.org/browser";
    i18n_domain="cmf">

  <browser:layer
      name="cmf"
      />

  <browser:skin
      name="cmf"
      layers="cmf default"
      />

I ask this because the way I construct my portal product is from a class that uses the CMFDefault sources plus my own sources to build it because it is too difficult otherwise to handle frequent changes. So when I make my portal product, I will be giving the skin layer a name to reflective of the product. So lets say the name is testportal:

<configure
    xmlns="http://namespaces.zope.org/zope";
    xmlns:browser="http://namespaces.zope.org/browser";
    i18n_domain="testportal">

  <browser:layer
      name="testportal"
      />

  <browser:skin
      name="testportal"
      layers="testportal default"
      />

I am using a combination of content types, some are default types so I will use this as an example.

  <browser:page
      for="Products.CMFCore.interfaces.IFolderish"
      name="folder_contents"
      class=".folder.FolderContentsView"
      template="templates/folder_contents.pt"
      permission="cmf.ListFolderContents"  <-- what should this get
      layer="testportal"
      />

So on permission, what should it get to provide same permission as CMFDefault.

Regards
David

David Pratt wrote:
Hi Tres. Thank you for your reply. That said, should it remain as it is in CMFDefault? I will look at overriding this as you have suggested for my own product. Many thanks.

Regards
David