Hi there,
I started to look into GenerigSetup.
Wat I would like to to is to replace functionalities we have in a similar product of our own (RedPick)
with GernericSetup.

Now my first question:
Does GenericSetup work with Zope 2.8.5 at all?

If yes:
in an instance of class of which the the relevant part is attach at the end of this email
I call XX.exportSiteToFile(..)
It works insofar as I can call it from our tool (in a Plone 2.1.2 Site) and it
does not generate any errors. However it does not produce any output.

I debugged it as far as
   GenericSetup.utils.exportObjects
      ..
      exporter = zapi.queryMultiAdapter((obj, context), IBody)
      ..
      body = exporter.body

body is None therefor nothing happens.

Now my question:
   what do I have to do to get an exporter with a body?

thanks
robert

Here the class definition:

has_setup_tool = 0
*try*:
   from Products import GenericSetup
   *try*:
       from Products.CMCore.exportimport import actions
       from Products.CMCore.exportimport import typeinfo
       has_setup_tool = 1
   *except*:
       /# verbatim copy of exportimport from/
       /# Plone.2.5 CMFCore /
       *try*:
           from Products.RedPick.exportimport import actions
           from Products.RedPick.exportimport import typeinfo
           has_setup_tool = 1
       *except*:
           *pass*
*except*:
   *pass*

*class* handle_action_properties( handle_base ):
   "RedPick handler for action properties."

   /# interface to CMFSetup/
   *def* exportSiteToFile( self, **kwargs ):
       "Export current site information to external file."
       /#return self.writeToFile( self.getFromSite( **kwargs ) )/
       *if* has_setup_tool:
           context =
GenericSetup.context.DirectoryExportContext(self.portal.red_pick_tool,
os.path.split(self.filename)[0])
           actions.exportActionProviders(context)

begin:vcard
fn:robert  rottermann