Lennart Regebro wrote:
Would anybody be terribly upset if I changes these snippets of code in
GenericSetup:

CONVERTER, DEFAULT, KEY = range(3)
BASE, EXTENSION = range(1, 3)

CONVERTER, DEFAULT, KEY = 0, 1, 2
BASE, EXTENSION = 1, 2

Which are not only a third as slow (yes, I tested, ;) ) but also a lot
less confusing?

I guess using random.shuffle would have been more obvious, but also more expensive ;)

The whole point was to encourage people to import the names instead of relying on the values. But if you add a warning that the values might change without further notice I'm fine with the proposed change.

Or do you have a need to use the values? In that case meaningful values would be better.

Cheers, Yuppie