Andreas Jung wrote:

--On 8. April 2006 12:38:09 +0200 yuppie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The lookup order fix is also in Five 1.2.2 and higher, so upgrading from
Five 1.2.1 explains the changed behavior. was _extremely_ convenient to override skin methods this way.
Is there any way to achieve that now with Five 1.2.3?

You'll find some discussion about this change in the z3-five list archives. The old behavior was not in sync with the Zope3 behavior and made masked objects inaccessible.

If you don't want to customize traversal the only option I see is using Method Aliases. CMF 2.0 hooks up browser views that way. As I already mentioned in my first reply mapping 'foo' explicitly to the view with '@@foo' will dispatch to the view and not look up the skin method.

HTH, Yuppie