Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> It seems GS doesn't have its own list so I'm posting this here - all the
> relevant people are here anyway :)
> I'm working on GenericSetup support for a number of packages from the
> Plone 2.5 bundle but I'm running into a bit of a limitation in GS: the
> current catalog export/import routines always use the same single
> catalog; support for multiple catalogs is missing.
> Looking at the code it shouldn't be too hard to write something that
> handles multiple catalogs, but that would mean either creating a new
> import/export-step with a new XML file or breaking the format for the
> current catalog.xml.
> I'm not sure what the best approach is at the moment; any opinions?

I would create one XML file per catalog, using the current format, and
modify the export / import step to create / look for a 'catalogs.xml'
file which somehow points to the locations of the catalog(s) within the
site, an maps them to the separate XML files.  The import step would
need to provide BBB for profiles which did not create this new file,
defaulting to a mapping from 'catalog.xml' -> 'portal_catalog'.

- --
Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (GNU/Linux)