yuppie wrote:
notifyBefore, notifySuccess and notifyException seem to be completely useless methods.

The last change to them was removing the implementation of notifySuccess with this comment:

"Never mind for now--it didn't work. :-)"

This was in 2001. (http://svn.zope.org/?view=rev&rev=34167)

Would anybody mind if I remove these methods on the trunk without any deprecation warnings?

Oops! I did look in the wrong places. While these methods are doing nothing in DCWorkflow and the old DefaultWorkflow they are part of the interface expected by the WorkflowTool. So at least in theory third party workflows implement these methods.

I wonder if they are used anywhere and what the use cases are.

But for now I retract my proposal to remove them.

Cheers, Yuppie