Yves Bastide wrote:
yuppie wrote:
Yves Bastide wrote:

converter is field2string, default_encoding is ZPublisher.HTTPRequest.default_encoding = 'iso-8859-15' (not to mistake for ZPublisher.Converters.default_encoding = 'iso-8859-15').

These default_encoding's are set by Zope2.Startup.datatypes.default_zpublisher_encoding (i.e. zope.conf's default-zpublisher-encoding directive).

So GenericSetup has to use ZPublisher.HTTPRequest.default_encoding as well. Right?

I think so. Or ZPublisher.Converters.default_encoding whose name may be more explicit (default_zpublisher_encoding sets {Converters,HTTPRequest,HTTPResponse}.default_encoding)

As you already mentioned setting default-zpublisher-encoding to 'utf-8' doesn't really work. Just found that DT_Util.join_unicode has 'latin-1' hardcoded, so properties with other encodings are not supported by manage_propertiesForm.

Given that I don't think we have to support other default_zpublisher_encodings than 'latin-1'.

Cheers, Yuppie