On Tuesday 29 August 2006 06:48, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Dmitry S. Makovey wrote:
> > What I need is to activate transitions on effective_date and
> > expiration_date. Quick "screw-around" with
> > automatic/WorkflowMethod transitions yeilded zero positive
> > results (unless I'm doing it wrong). Anybody seen anything like
> > this done before?
> Can't AlphaFlow
> (http://www.gocept.com/gocept/activities/innovation/alphaflow) do
> that?

Seems like it can, but my problem is the version of Plone we're
currently at: 2.0.5 and the fact that we've already
deployed "PlacefulWorkflow" to resolve problem of multiple workflows
(AlphaFlow doesn't seem to play nice with it, at least from my
15-minute test).

But thanks for the pointer. AlphaFlow is definitely something I would
look at in the future. As for my immediate needs unfortunately I'm
still looking for solution.

Dmitry Makovey
Web Systems Administrator
Athabasca University