-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
On 11 Sep 2006, at 11:48, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
You guys should probably not take this as a show stopper for CMF
2.1. I'm not at all into CMF development, but it seems most of the
items from the roadmap have indeed not been completed. So how is
CMF 2.1 different from CMF 2.0 now?
There are a few additions on the HEAD that I see by eyeballing a diff:
- - CMFActionIcons product now registered with a GS profile
- - ZClass support deprecated
- - a lot of GS registrations moved from __init__.py to configure.zcml
- - old Z2 interfaces removed
- - more manage_*-methods replaced with events
- - Z3 factories used for content
- - removal of BBB code deprecated in 1.5
Basically, a *lot* of cleanup, and a bunch of bugfixes. Tres got all
mean on the collector a couple weeks ago ;)
Looking at http://www.zope.org/Products/CMF/docs/roadmap there are
quite a few items we were hoping to get in that aren't finished yet.
By the way, the roadmap has the Five version numbers wrong. See
That's corrected now, it says Five 1.6/Zope 2.11.
I think the remaining question to all other stockholders (CMF
developers, CPS developers) is whether it's OK to push some of the
roadmap items out to 2.2. If that's OK then 2.1 doesn't have much
left to do for it.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (Darwin)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Zope-CMF maillist - Zope-CMF@lists.zope.org
See http://collector.zope.org/CMF for bug reports and feature requests