The organization I work for has stringent metadata requirements, and as such I
am now focusing my attention on metadata support in Zope and the CMF.
(Zope 2.10, CMF 2.0.0)
A few questions:
1) Are there GenericSetup import/export scripts out there for the metadata
tool? I need to add elements and controlled vocabularies.
2) Some DC elements support the idea of schemes for specifying controlled
vocabularies (notably the Subject), has anyone implemented functionality
supporting this in their CMF? Has there been discussion on the topic?
3) The policies defined in the metadata tool don't seem to be enforced in the
Dublin Core implementation. Any great reason? Otherwise, I'm going to try
tying specific schema implementations (Such as DCMI, though I have others) into
the tool, for actual policy enforcement.
Right now it's looking like my end goal is:
1) GenericSetup-driven tool configuration, for per site metadata policy
2) Extension beyond DCMI
3) Support many possible vocabularies through scheme support for a given
3) Support remote vocabularies through web services/xml files.
4) Tie schema implementation such as DublinCoreImpl into the policy tool for
This is a fair amount of work, so before I embark upon it, I figured I'd see
who's done/thought what out there along those lines ...
Internet Service Development and Systems Support / Spécialiste de
dèveloppements internet et soutien technique
Canada Centre for Remote Sensing/Centre Canadien de télédétection
Natural Resources Canada/Ressources Naturelles Canada
Tel./Tél.: (613) 992-4902
Fax: (613) 947-2410
Zope-CMF maillist - Zope-CMF@lists.zope.org
See http://collector.zope.org/CMF for bug reports and feature requests