On 14 Nov 2006, at 11:41, yuppie wrote:

Hi Jens!

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
So I'm currently stealing^H^H^H^H^H^H^H integrating Hanno's code from GSLocalAddons into CMFCore and CMFDefault.

AFAICS GSLocalAddons doesn't depend on CMF and might be useful for other projects as well. Don't know if you did that already, but please add the code to GenericSetup, not CMFCore.

I think this is a good time to create a maintenance branch for GenericSetup 1.2 and to make the GenericSetup trunk depend on Zope 2.10.

Good point, right now the code is purely in the CMF, but it can be moved. I'll create the 1.2 branch right now and then move the GSLocalAddons bits into GenericSetup trunk, and change DEPENDENCIES.txt.

I'm running into an issue with the site/site manager registration, though. It does not work when instantiating the site, but it does when going to the setup tool in the newly created site afterwards and telling it to import all steps. Analogous to the way it is done in Plone I have parked the site/ site manager stuff in CMFDefault.setuphandlers.importVarious for now, [...]

Since CMF site roots have anyway their own class, I think we should hardcode the Zope 3 site stuff. I only had a quick look at the code so I might be missing something, but implementing this in PortalObjectBase seems to be quite easy. And we would neither need to use importVarious nor to write migration code.

Looking at the calls that are being done to make it into a Zope 3 site it seems a complicated affair to hardcode that stuff in at class level so that it will be picked up for older installations. Do you have any specific ideas about that? Otherwise it is easy to at least move the code from importVarious into a handler for ISiteRoot/ IObjectAddedEvent.

Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (Darwin)