Rocky Burt wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-19-11 at 14:37 +0100, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
>> Using just the ActionsTool right now in order to get that all set up
>> and then move to the other tools, I've gotten almost always there,
>> but there is one set of tests that refuse to run right now, the ones
>> in CMFCore.exportimport.tests.test_actions which derive from class
>> _ActionSetup.
>> Here's the change I have made in the actions importer code so far:
> <snipping some code...>
>>       """Export actions tool.
>>       """
>>       site = context.getSite()
>> - -    tool = getToolByName(site, 'portal_actions', None)
>> +    tool = getUtility(IActionsTool, context=site)
> This looks like it will be the new way of looking up CMF tools?  Looks
> great.

For the sake of backward compatibility, I'm thinking we should
re-implement 'getToolByName' to use a map of tool name to interface, and
call 'queryUtility' using that interface;  it can then fall back to an
acquired getattr and issue a deprecation warning if that fails (maybe
warn either way?)

>  But we shouldn't have to specify ``context=site`` should we?
> getUtility should automatically figure out what the nearest chain of
> sites should be and look for local utilities in each one of them
> automatically no?

That won't work unless the tests set up the thread-local site in the
same way that the publisher does.

- --
Version: GnuPG v1.4.2.2 (GNU/Linux)