On 22 Nov 2006, at 17:12, Charlie Clark wrote:

Am 21.11.2006 um 17:14 schrieb Jens Vagelpohl:

No, you either go into the portal_skins tool, find the main_template and use the "Customize" functionality to create a copy in the "custom" skin folder, which you can edit. Or, and this is the more complicated but "right" way to do it, you create a filesystem product with a filesystem skin folders and maintain your new main_template on the file system. Then you just need to make sure your new skin folder is higher up in the list of skin folders for the skin you use. A good sample product for setting up a new skin folder and integrating it is CMFCalendar, which is part of the CMF.

Just so I understand this properly. The second, "right", way of doing this is to move pretty much all the code into the file system? Assuming I just wanted to alter the skins is there a skeleton way to do this?

As I said, please look at CMFCalendar and see how skin folders are registered. Create a filesystem product that registers a skin folder, put your templates/scripts in there, and then put your skin folder name right underneath "custom" in the skins paths that are in the skins tool "Properties" view in the ZMI.

Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (Darwin)