Hi!

Tres Seaver wrote:

Stefan H. Holek wrote:
Property changes on: CMF/branches/1.6
Name: svn:externals
   - #
# Used for maintenance of external resources in this svn bundle.  Edit
# this file as appropriate and then run the following command from within
# the checkout directory where this file lives on your local machine:
#
# svn propset svn:externals -F ./EXTERNALS.TXT .
#
GenericSetup svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/GenericSetup/tags/CMF-1.6.1-final

   + #
# Used for maintenance of external resources in this svn bundle.  Edit
# this file as appropriate and then run the following command from within
# the checkout directory where this file lives on your local machine:
#
# svn propset svn:externals -F ./EXTERNALS.TXT .
#
GenericSetup svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/GenericSetup/branches/1.2

Stefan,

I don't think this is a legitimate switch:  GS 1.2 is *much* later, in
terms of release management, than CMF 1.6, and introduces new features.

Currently GenericSetup 1.2 is the only version with a maintenance branch. CMF-1.6.1-final was tagged *after* GenericSetup 1.1, so an additional 1.1 maintenance branch would not help us. Therefore using GenericSetup 1.2 in CMF 1.6 might be the best solution.

What I really don't like are externals that point to the *HEAD* of a branch. Instead of moving targets we should use revision numbers. (It might make sense to make an exception for CMF trunk.)

Just my 2 cents.

Yuppie