Sidnei da Silva wrote:
On 12/27/06, Martin Aspeli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Right - that was the question I was asking. *Is* this an event that's
useful outside the framework?

I believe so. For example, a subscriber that wants to know if an
action has succeeded, no matter where/when, so it can purge an
external cache (hint, hint) will want to subscribe to
'IWorkflowActionSuccess', not to I{Before,After}TransitionEvent.

It wants to know if the action succeded, not execute something
before/after the action happens.

It also wants to fire only when the action succeeds, not when an
exception is raised.

The more I think about it, the more I wish you do it as soon as
possible. It wouldn't take you long, since you have it all in your
head by now.

Where would this go?

My first patch (btw, anyone up for merging it?) was to DCWorkflow.

I could make another one to WorkflowTool, I guess, if you can suggest where and what payload it needs (it's hardly difficult to fire an event). We could fire from _invokeWithNotification() at just before (or after) notifyBefore(), notifyException() and notifySuccess(), passing the same parameters + 'w' (the workflow definition) as the first parameter.

I'd still keep them as separate patches that could be reviewed/merged separately.