Quoting Andreas Jung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

- --On 29. Dezember 2006 10:56:50 -0500 Edmund Moseley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
Jens,
Thanks for your generic answer. What details about my setup might help in
figureing out how I could successfully update security without my server
grinding to a halt.
Zope 2.9.5, Python 2.4.4, Plone 2.5.1
4GB of physical memory
4GB of swap
2 Duo Core processors

I have about 35,000 objects in the ZODB, but I'm sure this doesn't come
close to the total amount of memory.

We have a ZEO server and client on the same machine.

Check out the Advanced tab of your portal_catalog. There is configuration
setting (threshold or so) to enable subtransactions/savepoints.

- -aj

Thanks for this tip. Subtransactions are already enabled, and the threshold is set to 10000. Should I drop this number? If so, by how much?

Thanks,
Edmund