Dieter Maurer wrote:
Martin Aspeli wrote at 2007-1-7 23:40 +0000:
Why not do it a more Zope3 ish way:

class ICMFTool(Interface):
   """Marker for any CMF tool"""

and then in the subclass of the local component registry:

local_utility = ....
if ICMFTool.providedBy(local_utility):
    local_utility = local_utility.__of__(context)

or so.

No need to invent a new marker interface for this.

  Objects ready to participate in context wrapping indicate this
  by the "__of__" method...

No, no need, but I'd argue good reasons.

 - It's an explicit declaration of support
 - It's a lot less magic
 - It's prettier than getattr/hasattr
- If something else has an __of__() for whatever reason, we don't catch it by accident.
 - It may not be desirable to wrap everything that *could* be wrapped.