Martin Aspeli wrote:
Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:

Actually, I agree with Dieter here. If something has an __of__(), just wrap it. You can't possibly do anything wrong, actually, as it already happens and it provides the best backward compatibility with what we have right now.

Is __of__() in an interface somewhere? I would prefer using that (if it's promised by some mixin deep in zope anyway). Not that it greatly matters, if we actually want a policy that wraps every time. If we want wrapping to be controllable and optional, I think we need a marker interface.

Fair enough, __of__() is documented by Acquisition.interfaces.IAcquirer which is provided by all objects inheriting from Aquisition.Explicit or .Implicit. That's your marker interface.

2nd edition of Web Component Development with Zope 3 is now shipping!