On 2/6/07, Charlie Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Am 06.02.2007 um 22:14 schrieb Rocky:

> Ultimately the closer we get to structuring our code deployment like
> regular python code the easier it will be to take advantage of things
> like distutils, eggs, the cheeseshop, etc.  I look forward to doing:
>   easy_install ZopeCMF

I hate eggs and easy_install and for me they are not part of "regular
python code" but reminiscent of script kiddy magic dust which I
*really* don't want in my apps. I know what's driving it and I know
it's unfortunately almost unavoidable but I don't have to like it.
I've never had a problem with using Products especially since the
introduction of "local" Products with Zope 2.7.

Except of course that the Products directory contain serious magic,
while eggs are part of regular python. ;-)

easy_install or not, I wouldn't mind seeing Products giving away to
lib/python/Products, but I'm not sure how that would work, considering
the magick that surrounds the support for having multiple
Products-directories.

--
Lennart Regebro: Python, Zope, CPS, Plone consulting.
+33 661 58 14 64