Hash: SHA1

On 6 Feb 2007, at 20:23, yuppie wrote:

Rocky wrote:
On Feb 5, 5:40 pm, Jens Vagelpohl <j...- [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 5 Feb 2007, at 19:43, Rocky Burt wrote:
Yep, looks like I'll be starting on five.localsitemanager pretty
soon. Although I didn't see if we decided anywhere how that would get
included with CMF (with plone it's pretty simple as we already
distribute python/lib stuff).
Not knowing any better I was assuming there'd be a Zope 2-style
product, which we could pull in as a SVN external?
Hm... well, as long as I avoid absolute imports in
five.localsitemanager there's no reason it couldn't be included into a
CMF product (perhas CMFCore ?) via svn:externals.  That's not
something I'm particularly fond of but I'm not against it.
But as time moves on this is going to become more and more of an issue
for CMF (code that isn't expected to live in Products/).

I'd like to see python/lib packages shipped with CMF. If someone makes the necessary repository and distribution changes, I'd be happy to convert some of the new modules like CMFDefault.formlib to Python packages.

Let's get this discussion back from generic pie-in-the-sky to the simple situation where we just need this one package integrated into CMF 2.1, and quickly.

Wichert wants a Plone 3 beta very very soon, there is no time to switch the CMF to any other packaging/buildout mechanism before that. What happens on the trunk after the 2.1 branch is cut, I don't care. I do care about getting the 2.1 beta out quickly. All that's missing is merging the tool/utility stuff, which depends on having this new component registry.

Taking this into account, how should the five.localsitemanager thing be packaged?


Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (Darwin)

Zope-CMF maillist  -  Zope-CMF@lists.zope.org

See http://collector.zope.org/CMF for bug reports and feature requests

Reply via email to