Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

All those who think this is somehow impure and dirty, keep in mind that this arrangement won't be forever, only for the 2.1 branch. Afterwards there's more time to plan on packaging things differently.

The only thing that worries me is that if we artificially inject it into Products.* and then want to move it, we'll have module aliases to contend with.

I guess *something* has to import it, so that may be unavoidable.

It does feel fairly awkward to write something that is essentially a Zope 3 module in a "non-package" way.