Miles wrote at 2007-2-14 14:10 +0000:
>I'd like my workflow to be notified when an object is deleted, so it has
>the chance to veto deletion, or do some tidy-up on related objects.
>However at the moment, the workflow tool is not wired up to react to
>deletion at all.

You might be able to proceed as follows:

  *  You restrict the "Delete objects" permission such
     that normal users are no longer able to delete objects

  *  You implement a script that performs the object deletion.
     You give it a proxy role that it *can* delete objects.

  *  You add a "delete" transition to your workflows that
     calls your script to delete the object.

     Due to an outrageously long standing bug, proxy roles
     are not working for "DCWorkflow" workflow scripts.
     You need to use a second script that calls your script.