Chris Withers wrote:
PData is there for a reason, unravelling it into a string is often not the best thing to do.

That said, I can't see much context here, but just thought I'd mention it..

ProxyFieldProperty tries to map persistent Zope 2 data to Zope 3 fields that can be used in formlib.

I couldn't find something better for Pdata than the Bytes field and FileWidget. I agree this is not optimal. But this is only used if the file data is modified using the form, which should not happen very often.

Cheers, Yuppie