On 1 Mar 2007, at 17:36, yuppie wrote:
Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
On 28 Feb 2007, at 15:14, Rocky wrote:
Now that I have completed the primary functionality for
five.localsitemanager it seems to me that the CMF
jens_tools_as_utilities branch should be ready for merging into trunk
in anticipation of the of the next cmf 2.1 alpha/beta release.
It's ready for merging when we have a story for existing sites, meaning a clear migration path. I was going to do some simple testing closer to this weekend (busy until then) and do a simple script that can be run via zopectl run and document it if no one else has a better idea or steps up. My assumption here is that the script needs to do two things for each CMF Site encountered in the ZODB:
- - create the new magic component registry
- - duplicate tool registration as done by the GS componentregistry step
Please correct me if I am wrong.

I resolved the first part some days ago:

But I'm not sure if "notify(BeforeTraverseEvent(self, REQUEST))" is in the right place. Maye it should just be called by PortalObjectBase, not by all DynamicType subclasses.

BTW: While fixing the tests a month ago I made two quick and dirty changes, adding some XXX comments:

- in SkinnableObjectManager http://svn.zope.org/?view=rev&rev=72251

- in PropertiesTool http://svn.zope.org/?view=rev&rev=72252

Maybe someone can work on a more sophisticated solution and tests?

I have now removed all the additional "manual" tool wrapping in the code and rely on the new component registry wrapping only. Tests are passing 100%.

Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (Darwin)