Miles wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm looking at the callable opaque items and trying to understand when
> they might be used.  Apologies in advance for the vagueness of this
> question.
> Has anyone got any ideas about what sort of situations it would be
> useful to use an ICallableOpaqueItem in - I'm having some trouble
> understanding what sort of general problem they solve / what the
> advantage is . . . and when you wouldn't use it!

I would consider it a wart, at this point:  it was intended to support
auto-recursive cut-copy-paste, without exposing the "opeaque" things as
ObjectManager items.  I think all of that could be better served by
having the event handlers (the replacements for 'manage_afterAdd',
'manage_beforeDelete', 'manage_afterClone') adapt the context object to
get the list of persistent subobjects.  Classes which have such
subobjects which are not "items" would need adapters.

> Also, does anyone know of any examples of its use other than CMFUid and
> the CMF Discussion tool?  I think it might help if there was a bit more
> for me to look at . . .
> Thanks for any opinions

I strongly doubt anything else uses it.

- --