Wichert Akkerman wrote:
Does anyone have any objections to modifying some of the CMFCore
exportimport code to support changing aspects of items instead of
wholesale replacing them?

I would like to be able to do things like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<object name="File"
   meta_type="Factory-based Type Information with dynamic views">
 <property name="Just replace the title">
 <action action_id="edit" condition_expr="only-replace-expression">

of course delta profiles or however we end up supporting modifications
is a better solution, but I'm looking for something that is workable
right now.

'meta_type' is ignored if the object exists already. I guess you don't propose to support meta_type changes.

Updating properties selectively should work already. AFAICS the only missing part for your example is the non-purging (=update) mode implementation for type-info actions.

I hope we can get rid of the non-purging mode in the long run, but the delta profile based solution is still vaporware, so improving the non-purging mode makes sense if you need something workable right now.

No objections here.