Am 13.06.2007 um 14:26 schrieb yuppie:

I better should have used dates :(

At least in German the term "next weekend" is ambiguous. I wrote my email on Thursday evening and the last weekend started the next day, so in my view it was "this weekend". By "next weekend" I did mean the weekend *after* "this weekend". Sorry.

Yes, Germans are so sloppy in this respect! ;-)

I usually follow the Dutch practice of "kommendes" for "this (coming)" and nächstes for "next" which should remove any ambiguity except, of course, that English isn't much better with the demonstrative pronoun referring equally to the coming weekend but also, on a Monday or a Tuesday, to the weekend just gone... ;-)

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Helmholtzstr. 20