during our recent search for the cause of the many conflict errors, we discovered that nearly all of them where caused during indexing the portal_catalog, when the same values are indexed. This can happen easily with date_indexes, since the dates are only stored with a resolution of 1 minute. Even more conflict error prone is the reviewstate. Since there are only a few reviewstates.

In all cases there is actually an easy conflict resolution strategy, when two transactions try to change into the same review_state at the same time both object_ids must be stored in the index.

Did someone write such an index, or can someone give hints howto write such an index.

Gruß Joachim