Hanno Schlichting wrote:
Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
On 3 Jul 2007, at 10:10, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

Now that the utility vs tool work seems to be settling down and we are
running Plone without any monkeypatches I want to get Plone 3.0-rc1
out the door start of next week. For that to happen I am going to need
a new CMF release as well. Are there any showstoppers to prevent that
from happening? If not, Jens, are you able to cut a release this weekend?
I'll be very happy to do it, I was just waiting for one last thing: Rob
Miller merged the BBQ sprint work into the GenericSetup trunk, but then
there was a discussion that petered ot. This is where it started:


The conclusion I saw was that a few things should be changed from the
current state and it wasn't clear to me whether I can go ahead and cut a
GS 1.5 release and create a GS 1.5 branch at this point.

So my question to the parties involved: Can we go ahead and cut a GS 1.5
release with the current GS trunk?

As long as you don't call it a final release but only a rc1 or beta,
it's fine with me. I need to fix some things in the components handler
before we can call it a final, but should be able to fix those in the
next two weeks.

1.) The thread mentioned above is about other issues than the components handler issue. AFAICS the BBQ sprint work still needs some polishing.

2.) The ability to create valid snapshots is a very basic GS feature. I'd like to see http://www.zope.org/Collectors/CMF/473 resolved *before* the next beta release.



Zope-CMF maillist  -  Zope-CMF@lists.zope.org

See http://collector.zope.org/CMF for bug reports and feature requests

Reply via email to