Am 05.07.2007 um 17:12 schrieb Tres Seaver:

I think we have to leave existing REQUEST-acquiring APIs alone, but
deprecate them, and then implement them by calling *new* REQUEST- passing
APIs.  I would rather add methods than add hackery around the default
REQUEST argument, as it keeps the deprecation story cleaner.

Sorry for asking the obvious but so I can understand things better can someone point me to a code example of a "tool" and a "utility", especially a migrated one.

In terms of what we do to get the next 2.1 one out of the door: documenting both what has changed as well as what cannot be changed yet but will become deprecated is as important as making additional changes.

Charlie Clark
Helmholtzstr. 20
D- 40215
Tel: +49-211-938-5360