Am 18.07.2007 um 22:07 schrieb Rob Miller:

while it may be appropriate in some cases to pass values directly into the template like this, usually the template pulls the values from the view class. you can make "name" an attribute (or a property) of the view class, and then use the "view/name" TALES expression within the template.

Okay, thanks! I'm nearly there. I think. %-? ;-)

Because I'm only creating essentially a slightly different view of an event I've taken the ZCML for the standard view as a lead:

  <browser:page
      for="Products.CMFCalendar.interfaces.IEvent"
      layer="Products.CMFDefault.interfaces.ICMFDefaultSkin"
      name="event_iCal_view"
      class=".event.EventiCalView"
      permission="zope2.View"
      />

is event_iCal_view my view class?

So, let's say I need to turn my creation date into
20030127T090000Z

I can call this in my view class via
self.startdate = self.context.CreationDate()

and call this in my template via

view/startdate?

Charlie
--