Charlie Clark wrote:
I making my first stab at browser views for my iCal support having finally come up with some templates that seem to produce files that work with most calendar programs.

I have a couple of questions:
1) should I implement them as BrowserViews calling templates or should I use an adapter? The templates are TAL and the only difference to an HTML page is the different response header.

2) how do I pass in values derived specifically for these views? ie. going from
options = {}
options['name'] = charlie
return context.mytemplate(**options)

to the appropriate call inside a browser view. I haven't been able to work this out based on the examples or the Zope 3 book.

You know, I wrote a whole book for learning how to use this Zope 3 stuffm (and that includes explanations of how to use it in Zope 2 via Five).