Jim Fulton wrote:
> On Sep 25, 2007, at 3:40 AM, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
>> Charlie Clark wrote:
>>> While I am very sceptical about the move to eggs (I know it's
>>> inevitable) and I hope we can avoid some of the problems that seem
>>> to be affecting Grok as a result.
>> Grok's problems are primarily related to the lack of a working set
>> definition for Zope 3.
> I don't know what you mean by this.

This is the "known good" problem.  I'm pretty convinced that adding some
kind of "PyPI subset", where gardeners for a given "package set" keep
the list of packages / versions known to work well together, is the only
way out of this issue.  E.g., a URL like:

would be usable as an 'index-url' for setuptools:  when used this way,
setuptools would only find / install eggs from the "gardened" set,
rather than whatever anyone happened to have uploaded that day.

If PyPI can't be tweaked to provide such a feature, we may need to come
up with some kind of mirroring scheme which does allow it.

- --
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)