Charlie Clark wrote:

Am 30.10.2007 um 16:53 schrieb Wichert Akkerman:

getattr(context, 'my_da_or_what_ever', None) works a bit better.

Doesn't that only work within a PythonScript? I need access from
within a content type, ie. real Python code?

It's called acquisition and it works everywhere. Try it.

Yes, but the context isn't available everywhere. How do I get hold of that?

Charlie Clark
Helmholtzstr. 20
D- 40215
Tel: +49-211-938-5360
GSM: +49-178-782-6226

If it's in a content type's class, why not:
id = getattr(self, 'da_id', None)
Just using self as the context should be fine.
-- that of course presumes that the type is wrapped properly when you call that within your method.