Am 21.04.2008 um 08:59 schrieb Wichert Akkerman:

The eggified CMF already required setuptools to make sure the Products
namespace is setup correctly. Considering that entire python community
appears to be moving to egg, Zope2 is going to be distributed in egg
form (at least there is a strong move in that direction) I think a
dependency on setuptools is not problematic.

Lemmings and cliff spring to mind when you mention inevitability. I think there is a significant difference between supporting eggs and requiring them.

Charlie Clark
Helmholtzstr. 20
D- 40215
Tel: +49-211-938-5360