Hi,

a couple of questions when using these - I was hoping to be able to use one for some special views of a site but I'm getting errors.

I've defined and configured a layer and it works when called by ++skin+ + traversal but I have problems if I configured views to work with it explicitly: I get "not found" errors.

ie.

    <browser:page
        for="Products.Charlie.event.interfaces.IEventDetail"
        layer="Products.Charlie.skin.ICharlieSkin"
        name="detail.html"
        template="detail.pt"
        class=".detail.DetailEdit"
        permission="cmf.ModifyPortalContent"
    />

fails for /@@detail.html but

    <browser:page
        for="Products.Charlie.event.interfaces.IEventDetail"
        name="detail.html"
        template="detail.pt"
        class=".detail.DetailEdit"
        permission="cmf.ModifyPortalContent"
    />
is fine with /++skin++charlie/@@detail.html

Of course, this ties in with what I get from Zope - that the adapter can't be found. I suspect I've misunderstood something fundamental on how views work with layers.

Regarding CMFDefault - all views are registered explicitly for ICMFDefaultSkin but I think this isn't necessary as this is configured as the default skin. I also got a bit a lost with the lookup and would suggest moving the interface definition to the skin folder so that the lookup is more explicit

    <interface
        interface="Products.CMFDefault.skin.IcamaoCmsSkin"
        type="zope.publisher.interfaces.browser.IBrowserSkinType"
        name="cmf"
        />

Charlie
--