currently sitting with Tres and Jens in Saarbr├╝cken working on a
formlib based view of folder_contents and we're hitting some stuff
that's been around for ages but might possibly no longer be required.
An example of this is the Contents View Filter. Does anybody actually
use this? If so is it okay to drop the use of the cookie and either
use hidden variables as the sorting options do already or possibly
dump this information in the session? One of the problems with the
current implementation is that the cookie is hard-coded to live until
2020 and will persist from one folder to the next but it's debatable
whether the filters you want for one folder you would want for another
but not the sort options.

Our preference would be to put the filter information in hidden

Charlie Clark
Helmholtzstr. 20
D- 40215
Tel: +49-211-938-5360