Charlie Clark wrote:
> Am 18.02.2009 um 21:51 schrieb Wichert Akkerman:
>
>> In my opinion a copy should produce a full copy, including all state
>> and
>> history.

Not sure I would  agree here.
For a move (cut&paste) yes but for a copy I think
there are too many different use cases to justify
your claim above.

> Yes, in the technical sense of .copy() but I'm not sure if that is
> what I as a user expect in a CMS. Do I really want an exact duplicate
> of everything or perhaps a new object with the content of the old? If
> the original object has already been published should my new object
> also be published? If so surely I'm breaking with the workflow
> principle.
>
> In my experience (and I'm not just talking about how I do things)
> copies are usually made with the original object being archived as a
> sort of security blanket in case something goes wrong.

... and not to forget the common

    copy/paste/modify

pattern to create new content.

Here as well I'd say starting out with the initial
workflow state (and new creation date/creator settings)
is the right thing to do.

Just my 2 cents,

        Raphael