CMF 2.2.0-alpha has some getIcon changes based on what I proposed here:

Unfortunately the issue is more complicated than I thought and some
things are now broken in CMF 2.2.0-alpha: The return values of getIcon()
and icon() are not backwards compatible, breaking e.g. the ZMI icons if

There are 4 ways to specify icons:

1.) absolute URL:

CMF 2.1:         -
CMF 2.2.0-alpha: getIcon(), icon()

2.) URL relative to REQUEST['BASEPATH1']:

CMF 2.1:         getIcon(), icon()
CMF 2.2.0-alpha: -

3.) URL relative to portal:

CMF 2.1:         getIcon(relative_to_portal=1), icon(1)
CMF 2.2.0-alpha: -

4.) icon id:

CMF 2.1:         -
CMF 2.2.0-alpha: getIcon(relative_to_portal=1), icon(1)

In CMF we always need the absolute URL. Since getIcon() and icon()
already have a different meaning and something like
getIcon(absolute=True) looks too complicated for the default, I propose
to add a new method: getIconURL()

getIcon() and icon() should get the same behavior as they had in CMF 2.1.

Any thoughts?