Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
>> - The MetadataTool has write-on-read migration code in _get_DCMI. That
>> should be converted into two migration steps: One from CMF 1.6 to CMF
>> 2.0 and one from 2.1 to 2.2.
> This is done on the trunk and the 2.2 branch.

I think it would be good to catch in .to22.check_dcmi_metadata *all*
tools that don't have a 'DCMI' attribute.

CMF 2.0 and 2.1 did not add '_DCMI' in __init__, I just changed that
before the 2.2 beta. If the old migration code was never triggered the
tools are broken without an upgrade step.

>> - The upgrade scripts in CMFCore/Extensions and CMFDefault/Extensions
>> should be converted to upgrade steps.
> All scripts in CMFDefault were obsolete, those I deleted. The script in
> CMFCore is a good candidate for upgrade steps, but I am thinking the step
> should be in CMFDefault, correct?

Yes. All migration code is now linked to the default profile of
CMFDefault. At the moment I have no idea how to make these upgrade steps
available for people who use e.g. only CMFCore.