Am 09.04.2010, 10:58 Uhr, schrieb Jens Vagelpohl <j...@dataflake.org>:

>> I'll remove it from editToolsActions.dtml then. Can we backport this to
>> CMF 2.2?
> Sure.

Committed to trunk. For 2.2 do I just make the same change to the branch?

>> In my work on the Absolut skin I noticed that Actions don't enforce icon
>> expression deprecation as TypeTools do. I don't know if anybody's looked
>> at this but I'd like to make icons as CSS images.

> Sounds like a good idea.

@@icons.css will check for the action icons property and return a CSS
appropriately. Unfortunately it currently actions globally so you either
have icons (Cut, Publish, Folder) or not. Fine for menus but not if you
want to be able to use the same CSS in content in say the folder list
view. Still thinking on the best way to approach this so that using them
is as easy as possible. I suppose composing the CSS like class="action
icon folder" and "icon folder" is probably the best way to do this.

My tests showed me that the view is about 50% slower than simply returning
CSS from the file system. While I don't think this to be a real issue, it
would be nice to have it not run the checks for every page rendering.

Charlie
Düsseldorf