Hanno Schlichting wrote:
> Zope2 has:
> registerClass
> registerIcon

registerIcon is defined in CMFCore, not in Zope2.

> HelpSys (effectively deprecated)
> CMF brings in:
> ToolInit
> ContentInit

ContentInit is only used for BBB. It registers oldstyle constructors.

> I'd love to see someone tackle registerClass and at the same time
> decouple ZMI add menu visibility and the OFS.CopySupport stuff.

You mean the CopySupport issue I fixed 5 years ago? Or something
different? http://svn.zope.org/?view=rev&rev=40552

five:registerClass doesn't require to specify an 'addview'. CopySupport
works for all CMF content types without adding them to the ZMI add menu.

We just can't use five:registerClass in OFS/OFSP because it doesn't
support oldstyle constructors and legacy methods.