given that WSGI support is scheduled for Zope 2.13 I thought I'd give it a
go with the CMF.

The instructions are basically as described on

I found I had to make the following notes:

The buildout *must* be a virtualenv without any site-packages otherwise
bin/paster gets confused and will not serve

buildout.cfg needs a couple of changes

repoze.tm2 must be in the eggs

comment out the server address in the [instance] section

zope2.ini or whatever you call it should be in the same folder as

That's it. I'd hoped for a speedup but it seems this was probably naive of
me. Interestingly ab tests cause the following warnings:

2010-10-13 17:53:01 WARNING ZODB.DB DB.open() has 9 open connections with
a pool_size of 7