On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 3:13 PM, Godefroid Chapelle <got...@bubblenet.be>wrote:

> Le 02/03/11 15:04, Wichert Akkerman a écrit :
> > None. The initial implementation only had local registries, but their
> > behaviour was inconsistent and confusing so we added the global
> > registration as a better alternative.
> >
> > Wichert.
>
> Can we just get rid of those local registries ?
> I guess some migration code would be needed.
>
> If we want to avoid migration, we could raise an exception if we find
> any import_steps.xml or export_steps.xml files.

ArchGenXML still generates a import_steps.xml file to register various
steps.
If you remove local registries, I won't be able to use newer GenericSetup
version (so newer Plone 4.0.x and 4.1)
for my current project unless I take the time to modify archgenxml to
generate imports steps registered with zcml,
and document the upgrade procedure.

Vincent Fretin