Hi!

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
> On Sep 12, 2011, at 11:52 , yuppie wrote:
>> I propose to use 'five.globalrequest' instead of self.REQUEST inside
>> tools. AFAICS that allows to convert *all* tools into utilities.
>
> Why would you want to add a dependency for 3 lines of code? All that package
> does is register a 1 line event handler. I'd rather do that in the CMF itself.

Because it provides an API that is also used and maintained by other
people. Plone 4.1 depends on it.

> IMHO the "cleaner" way would be to make sure the request object is explicitly
> passed into any code that needs it.

Sure. But that requires either API changes in the tools or new view
code. The last 4 years nobody did work on this because it is much more
work than 'just' converting tools to utilities.

Cheers,

        Yuppie