Hi,

Tres has moved CMF to github, thank you very much, so I thought I would have a look at which packages could use a release.

=======================================

Looking at the CMF 2.2 branch only two packages have changes (other than version bumps, manifest updates, etc):

Products.CMFTopic 2.2 branch:
- Only a test fix, from 2011.
- last release: 2.2.1 (2010-07-04)

Products.DCWorkflow 2.2 branch:
- Raise proper BadRequest exception instead of a `Bad Request`
  string.  Needed for Python 2.6+, otherwise while raising this
  string exception you get a second exception.
- last release:  2.2.4 (2011-11-01)

So a 2.2.5 release for Products.DCWorkflow would be good.

=======================================

Looking at CMF master (2.3) there are lots of changes.

Products.CMFCalendar master:
- lots of changes
- last release: 2.3.0-beta (2012-03-21)

Products.CMFCore master:
- only changes due to github move, nothing that needs a release
- last release: 2.3.0 (2015-02-20)

Products.CMFDefault master:
- lots of changes
- last release: 2.3.0-beta2 (2012-03-31)

Products.CMFTopic master:
- lots of changes (only a few in CHANGES.rst)
- last release: 2.3.0-beta (2012-03-21)

Products.CMFUid master
- lots of changes (none in CHANGES.rst)
- last release: 2.3.0-beta (2012-03-21)

Products.DCWorkflow master:
- lots of changes (none in CHANGES.rst)
- last release: 2.3.0-beta (2012-03-21)

Products.GenericSetup master:
- fixed compatibility with Setuptools 8.0 and later
- last release: 1.7.5 (2014-10-23)

five.localsitemanager master:
- Don't complain if the site root has no Acquisition parent.
  [davisagli]
- Removed zope.site dependency. Using Zope 2.12 it is an indirect dependency
  and using Zope 2.13 or later it is no longer required.
  [yuppie]
- last release: 2.0.5 (2011-02-06)

So:

- CMFCore is perfectly up to date.
- GenericSetup almost, could use a release very much to gain setuptools 8+ compatibility.
- five.localsitemanager could use a release, though it is not core CMF.
- All others could use new beta releases.

I would love at least a Products.GenericSetup master release. I can do that myself by the way.

Best,

--
Maurits van Rees: http://maurits.vanrees.org/
Zest Software: http://zestsoftware.nl